Everyone, meet my BBF (best bowl forever)!
This blue beauty is a serving bowl with dividers and a lid from Target. It’s generic. No brand name. Not even Threshold. But I’m in love with it!
How we met
I found this bowl one day while perusing Target’s kitchen section for something to take to a baby shower. At the time, I thought I just needed some plastic containers. I did not know the course of my life was about to change.
Sure, I hate the color of my bowl,
but you can’t win ‘em all and every day is not a 10.
How we connected
The pregnant friend we were showering is gluten-free, so I went with a parfait bar. Here’s how:
- Plain yogurt
- Cut strawberries
- Graham cracker crust crumbles
- Fresh-picked rosemary from my garden (more for looks than anything else) in the middle section
The problem: graham cracker crust crumbles are NOT gluten-free. The solution: a framed menu.
The menu worked in 3 ways:
- It let my pregnant, gluten-free friend know that the crumbles were a no-go for her.
- It explained to everyone else what the parfait bar was all about.
- It was a way cute detail.
If you’re into seeing what else is out there
Here are some options. And in better colors. I love the clear! Most are from Amazon, except the one from Tupperware.
Search Amazon for divided serving bowls with lids
I was THIS CLOSE to hosting an online Tupperware party. (Email me if you’re into it.)
Things to look for in a serving bowl:
- Freezable ice packs or a section for ice underneath to keep food, like yogurt, cool as a cucumber all scorching day long
- Lids—not only do you want a large outside lid, but an inner lid if there’s a middle section for dips is a total win
All the things my bowl and I can do together
The type of divided serving bowl I’m suggesting is ideal for parties. Any kind of party, really.
- Going to a party with vegetarians? Put veggies in the main sections and ranch in the center.
- Vegans? Substitute ranch for humus.
- Kid party? Put different types of cereal in the outside sections and spoons in the middle. (Include small single-serving milk cartons on the side.)
- Stoner party? Same.
My other half
I use my serving bowl ALL THE TIME. I just took it to a neighbor’s house with all the leftover snacks I wanted to get rid of–if I’m being honest–but looked like a total Martha Stewart. So put together.
My blue entertaining bowl, with its separate sections and dual lid combo, is both practical and flamboyant—basically it’s me in bowl form.